1. OUR AGREEMENT
These are the terms and conditions ("Conditions of Use") upon which You may use our Mobile Wallet Services (hereinafter, “the Services”). You must read them carefully before deciding to register for the Services. By signing the registration form attached to these Conditions of Use, You agree that We should register You as a user and that You have received, read, fully understood and accept these Conditions of Use. Please note that these Conditions of Use together with Your e-registration form constitute a binding agreement between You and Us. If You do not accept these Conditions of Use,
You must not proceed to register for and/or use the Services.
2. WHAT WE MEAN
- 2.1 "Account" - means Your Mobile Wallet account, which is the record of Your E-Money maintained and administered by Us.
- 2.2 "Agent(s)" - means person(s) registered or authorized by Trriple to provide the Services. The details of agents may be obtained from the Customer Call Centre or from our website.
- 2.3 "Agreement" - means these Conditions of Use together with the e-Registration.
- 2.4 “Cash” - means UAE Dirham, being the lawful currencies in UAE or the official currency of any future countries the service shall be offered;
- 2.5 “Cellphone” - means the mobile device used by You to access the Services.
- 2.6 "Credit Balance" - means the amount of E-Money in Your account
- 2.7 "Debit" - means the transfer of E-Money out of Your Account.
- 2.8 "Debit Transaction" - means any transaction which results in a Debit of E-Money from Your Account as verified by Our Mobile Wallet system.
- 2.9 "Designated Payee" - means any person (including Yourself, another user or an agent) who is designated by You, to be the recipient of E-Money from Your account.
- 2.10 "E-Money" - means the electronic money issued by Trriple and representing a value equivalent to a user’s cash entitlement held in trust by the Trustee Bank in the Trust Account;
- 2.11 "Identification (ID) Number" - means the number associated with the form of identification provided to Our satisfaction including passport number, national identity card number etc.
- 2.12 "Mobile Wallet Services" - means the "Trriple Money Transfer Services" to be offered by Trriple, which will enable You to perform the Transactions specified under clause 7.1.
- 2.13 "MSISDN" - means Your cell-phone mobile number.
- 2.14 "Network" - means the Global System for Mobile telecommunication ("GSM") system operated by any licensed operator and covering those areas within the UAE as stipulated from time to time by Us.
- 2.15 "PIN" - means Your personal identification number being the secret code You choose to access and Your Account and authorize transactions.
- 2.16 "Pre-paid Airtime" - means mobile phone calling credit on provider's Network.
- 2.17 "SIM Card" - means the subscriber identity module which when used with Your cellphone enables You to access and use the Mobile Money Services.
- 2.18 "SMS" means a short message service consisting of a text message transmitted from one Cellphone to another.
- 2.19 “Subscriber” – means any person who is a holder of a Vodacom mobile number whether as prepaid, hybrid or contract customer.
- 2.20 "Transfer Instructions" means instructions given through the application for the transfer of E-Money from one user to another.
- 2.21 "Trustee" means UAE registered Bank or any other partner banks which holds or may hold the aggregate of all sums equivalent to E-Money in users accounts.
- 2.22 Trust Account" means the bank account maintained by the Trustee into which all payments for E-Money are made and held by the Trustee on behalf of Users.
- 2.23 “User” means every person that uses the Mobile Money Services, whether registered or unregistered.
- 2.24 “Application Menu” means the application use case menu on Your Cellphone that lists all the Services. This can be accessed from the user application platform.
- 2.25 "We" or "us" or "our" means Trriple
- 2.26 “Trriple” – means Trriple Payment LLC
- 2.27 "You" or "Your" means the Customer
3. HOW TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT
- 3.1 Any UAE mobile subscriber who has a smartphone may register for a Mobile Wallet account by completing basic registration on the app. For more services such as international remittance a one time fill a full KYC registration form and submit it to an agent.
- 3.2 Minors and other persons who do not have contractual capacity in terms of the laws of UAE will not be allowed to register for a full Mobile Wallet account.
- 3.3 To register for an account, You will be required to:
- 3.3.1 provide all of the details and particulars required in the Registration Form to Our satisfaction; and
- 3.3.2 Provide a copy of Your ID document together with the original ID document for verification.
- 3.4 Once You have completed the Registration Form and provided the agent with copies of all documentation required, the agent will deliver all of these documents to Us for record keeping. Please note that Trriple reserves the right to decline to register and open an account for You.
- 3.5 After You have been successfully registered and an account created for You, You will receive a confirmation SMS on Your cellphone. You can then activate Your account by following the instructions on Your App menu.
- 3.6 Once Your account has been activated, You will be required to create a PIN, which will entitle You to use the Services with immediate effect.
- 3.7 You may not open more than one account on the same number and ID with Us.
4. TRANSACTION FEES
- 4.1 You will pay fees when You perform transactions. Applicable fees shall be displayed before the completion of any transactions, you can also check such fees from our website at www.Trriple.com. under the Trripler section which can be accessed from the home page.
- 4.2 Fees payable on each transaction will be deducted from Your Mobile Money account on conclusion of each transaction and Your new balance on conclusion of the transaction shall be notified to You by SMS.
- 4.3 Fees include applicable taxes.
- 4.4 Trriple may revise applicable fees from time to time. We will notify You of such change through any communication medium as we may determine10 days prior to introducing the revised fees.
5. USING YOUR ACCOUNT
- 5.1 Transactions
- 5.1.1 You may use Your account to perform the following transactions from Your Cellphone:
- 18.104.22.168 Purchase E-Money by making a payment in cash (cash-in) directly to an agent in exchange for an equivalent amount of E-Money to be credited into Your account.
- 22.214.171.124 Exchange E-Money for cash (cash-out) (to be available on a letter date)from an agent by sending a transfer instruction to our Mobile Wallet platform pursuant to which the agent will pay the equivalent amount of cash to You.
- 126.96.36.199 Send E-Money to a registered user;
- 188.8.131.52 Send E-Money to an unregistered user.
- 184.108.40.206 Buy prepaid airtime from your provider with E-Money.
- 5.1.2 We reserve the right to add or substitute other transactions and functionalities to the Services from time to time and We will notify You of such additions or substitution from time to time through such communication medium as We may determine.
- 5.1.3 All Debit Transactions from Your account will be effected by transfer instructions authorized with Your PIN or such other method we may prescribe from time to time. You therefore acknowledge that, unless and until Trriple receives notice from You that Your phone has been lost or stolen, Trriple may rely on the use of the PIN as conclusive evidence that a Debit Transaction has been authorized by You, even if it is actually made without Your authority. Trriple shall not require any written confirmation of any transaction instruction.
- 5.1.4 Trriple may carry out identity and/or security checks when We receive Your transfer instructions and We may refuse any transaction if we are not satisfied with the reslits of Our checks.
- 5.1.5 You will not be able effect any transactions from Your account in the event that You do not have sufficient E-Money to meet the value of the transaction plus fees applicable thereto.
- 5.1.6 It is Your responsibility to ensure the correctness of the details of the designated payee and amounts which You intend to transfer before You effect a transaction. Trriple shall not be liable for reimbursing You for E-Money sent to a wrong recipient by You nor will it be obliged to reverse any wrongfli transaction.
- 5.1.7 Airtime is not a substitute for E-Money. You may not use Your airtime to effect Mobile Money transactions.
- 5.1.8 We will confirm all Your successfli transactions by sending You a confirmation message with total transaction amounts.
- 5.2 Transaction Limits
- 5.2.1 You may not affect any transactions which, in aggregate, exceed the transactions limits. Theses Limits are imposed as per the directions of UAE Central Bank “Regliatory framework store value & electronic payment systems” published in January 2017.
- The transactions limits may change from time to time as per UAE Central Bank regliations and Trriple will notify You of such change through such communication medium as We may determine.
- 5.2.2 Any transactions which exceed the transaction limits will not be processed.
- 5.3 Statements on Your account
- 5.3.1 You may obtain a balance on Your account using the "balance enquiry" function under my account menu at no cost to You. Please note that printed statements will not be provided, but a longer statement can be sent to your e-mail at no cost
6. SECURITY MEASURES
- 6.1 You are at all times responsible for the safekeeping and proper use of Your Cellphone and PIN in relation to the Mobile Wallet services. As a measure to ensure the security of Your account, You will be given only 3 attempts to enter the correct PIN. If You enter the wrong PIN on Your third attempt, Your account will be deactivated. To reactivate Your account, You will be required to call the Customer Call Centre and follow the verification process directed by the Customer Call Centre agent.
- 6.2 Only You may use Your Cellphone and PIN to access Your account and You will be responsible for all transactions made from Your account.
- 6.3 Do not disclose Your PIN to anyone, including but not limited to Your family members, employees of Trriple (including Customer Call Centre and Trriple merchants or agent employees), employees of the Trustee Bank, agents etc.
7. SUSPENSION AND DISCONNECTION OF THE SERVICES/CLOSURE OF ACCOUNT
- 7.1 We may suspend, restrict or terminate provision of the Service and/or close Your account without informing You and without any liability whatsoever (although, We will, where possible, try to inform You that such action is or may be taken) if:
- 7.1.1 We are aware or have reason to believe that Your Cellphone, PIN or Application is or are being used in an unauthorized, unlawful, improper or fraudulent manner or for criminal activities (or has been so used previously);
- 7.1.2 You do not comply with any of the conditions relating to the use of the Services which have been communicated to You by Us, including these Conditions of Use;
- 7.1.3 You notify Us that Your Cellphone or SIM card has been lost or stolen or Your PIN has been disclosed to any other party;
- 7.1.4 You do anything (or allow anything to be done) with Your Cellphone which We think may damage or affect the operation or security of the Services;
- 7.1.5 Your Cellphone number is disconnected from the network you initially registered with.
- 7.1.6 We will close Your account where You have not provided a certified copy of Your ID document or a reliable certified ID document per clause 3.3.2 above within 30 days after being notified to provide the document.
- 7.2 We will close Your account on receiving a written request from You to do so or upon receiving written notification about Your death.
- 7.3 We will not be responsible to You for any direct, indirect, consequential or special damages arising from any act or omission by us or any third party for whom we are responsible, whether arising in contract, or statute, if we close or suspend Your account in terms of this clause 7.
8. GETTING ASSISTANCE
- 8.1 You may call the Customer Call Centre on 114 if You want to do any of the following:
- 8.1.1 receive information about agents;
- 8.1.2 query Your account;
- 8.1.3 query any transactions performed through Your account;
- 8.1.4 have a problem with the Service;
- 8.1.5 lodge a complaint; and/or
- 8.1.6 require further information regarding the Services and our complaints procedure.
- 8.2 Mobile Money Services in UAE are regulated by the Central Bank of UAE. If You are not satisfied with the outcome of a complaint, You are welcome to approach the Central Bank with a request to intervene.
9. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- 9.1 It is Your responsibility to ensure that the information You provide to Trriple about Yourself is accurate. To this end, You undertake to Trriple that any information You have provided to us is true and correct and that You will provide any additional information that we may require from time to time, failing which We will suspend Your account.
- 9.2 You will be responsible for payment of all applicable fees for any transaction effected using Your application and your PIN whether these were made by You or someone else with or without Your authority or knowledge.
- 9.3 You must not use the Services to commit any offence(s).
- 9.4 In the event of damage to, loss or theft of your phone, You are obliged to inform us immediately of such damage, loss or theft. We will then disable such damaged, lost or stolen SIM Card so as to prevent possible use of the Services until the SIM card has been replaced.
- 9.5 You will be responsible for all fees and transactions effected up to the time of receipt by Trriple of Your report of the damage to, loss or theft of Your phone.
- 9.6 You must comply with any instructions that Trriple may issue from time to time about the use of the Mobile Wallet Services.
- 10.1 We will refund Your transaction amount and fee or Your credit balance if:
- 10.1.1 You send E-Money to an unregistered user who does not redeem the E-Money within 7 days and You cancel the transaction after the expiry of the 7 days.
- 10.1.2 You close Your account while You still have E-Money in it. A refund resulting from closing an account will be treated as a cash-out transaction and will attract fees applicable to cash-out transactions. Refunds resulting from closing an account will be paid in cash and can be made by any registered agent following receipt of a request from You to close the account.
- 10.1.3 You have been wrongly charged by Trriple or where it is established that Your account was debited without proper transfer instructions authorized by means of Your PIN.
- 10.2 To cancel a transaction, or query your account (for unauthorized transactions and erroneous charges) and request a refund of the transaction amount and fee or unauthorized transaction amount or erroneous charge as the case may be, You need to contact the Customer Call Centre. We will process such request and will credit the refund to Your account.
- 10.3 In the event that Your account is closed as a result of Your death, the credit balance in Your account shall be paid over to a beneficiary stated in a beneficiary nomination letter or administrator nominated in the letters of administration issued by the Master of the High Court.
- 10.4 We will endeavor to effect refunds as soon as possible but in any event not later than 5 days from the date on which a claim for refund was made by You.
- 10.5 Trriple does not have any obligation to cancel any transfer instructions and refund You in the event of any dispute with any designated payee. When a reversal has been requested, Trriple will contact the receiving party before a reversal is initiated.
- 10.6 If You have E-money left in Your account which has not been accessed for more than 10 years, we will transfer the cash equivalent of that E-Money to the relevant authorities in UAE.
We reserve the right to change these conditions of use from time to time. We shall give You 21 days’ notice of any proposed changes through such communication medium as We may determine and You shall be deemed to have been notified of any such variations regardless that the same may not have actually come to your attention. After 21 days, the changes will be deemed to be fully effective. If You do not agree with the changes, You must terminate the Services, otherwise You shall be deemed to have accepted the changes.
12. EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
We may not be able to provide the services or perform our obligations as a result of events which are beyond our reasonable control including failure, malfunction or delay in banking channels and networks, Our networks, Your Cellphone or SIM card. Trriple will not be responsible for any loss arising as a result of the occurrence of such events
13. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 13.1 You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose and/or receive personal information, communications or documents about You:
- 13.1.1 to and/from national and international law enforcement or any competent regulatory or governmental agencies to assist in the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal activities or fraud.
- 13.1.2 to Our legal advisors, financial advisors or auditors, or to a court of law in connection with any legal or other proceedings.
- 13.1.3 to Our parent company and its affiliates who will process Your personal information to market and sell its products and services to You.
- 13.2 You agree that all of Your information, including personal information and Your transactions will be recorded and Centred for record keeping purposes for 10 years from the date on which Your Account is closed.
- 13.3 You consent that all transactions may be monitored or recorded by Us in accordance with the laws of UAE, for use in business practices, prevention of unauthorized use of Our mobile wallet platform, and in respect of the detection and prevention of crime
14. LIABILITY AND EXCLUSIONS
- 14.1 In the event that we are compelled to change or reassign Your account details to meet regulatory requirements or for any other reason, Our liability will be limited to retaining Your account and where possible, transferring Your account to a new regulated format, failing which You will be paid out the credit balance in Your account in cash.
- 14.2 We make no representations and give no warranties of whatsoever nature to and in favour of You, whether express or implied in respect of the Services.
- 14.3 All agents are no more than independent third parties authorized by Trriple or an approved partner to provide the Services and no partnership exists between Trriple and the agents. We accordingly bear no responsibility or liability for any default or negligence on the part of the agents in providing the Services.
- 14.4 We will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the Service is secure and cannot be accessed by unauthorized third parties. We shall not be liable for any loss which You suffer unless it is directly caused by our being grossly negligent or deliberately acting wrongly. Our liability for such acts will be limited to the amount of the loss that an ordinary person in Your position would have suffered. For the avoidance of doubt, any such liability shall exclude liability for indirect, punitive, special and/or consequential losses and/or damages.
- 15.1 We are entitled to send information to You via SMS to the contact Mobile Phone number supplied on Your application form. These SMS's are for information purposes only.
- 15.2 You should send any legal notice to us at our chosen address:
Office 307, Emarat Atrium Building, Sheikh Zayed Road, P.O. Box 555909, Dubai, UAE
- 16.1 You will pay all our expenses for recovering any amounts You owe us including legal fees, collection fees and tracing fees.
- 16.2 You must notify us immediately of any change of Your details in Your Registration Form.
- 16.3 All copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights used as part of the Services or contained in our documents are owned by Trriple or its licensors. You agree that You acquire no rights thereto.
- 16.4 This Agreement may not be assigned to any other person.
- 16.5 No failure or delay by either of us in exercising any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or remedy prevent any further or other exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right or remedy.
- 16.6 The rights and remedies herein provided are cumulative and not exclusive of any rights or remedies provided by law.
- 16.7 If any provision of these Conditions of Use shall be found by a court or of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the other provisions and all provisions not so affected by such invalidity or unenforceability shall remain in full force and effect.
- 16.8 Although Trriple will try to ensure that You are able to make full use of the services at all times to access Mobile wallet Services within Our platform, We do not guarantee that the Mobile Wallet Services will be available at all times. Trriple will not be responsible or liable for any loss whatsoever or howsoever arising as a consequence of any non-availability of the Mobile Money Services.
- 16.9 We will not pay interest on E-Money held in Your account.
17. DISPUTE SETTLEMENT AND GOVERNING LAW
- 17.1 This agreement is governed by the laws of the UAE.
- 17.1.1 Any disputes arising out of this agreement and which cannot be settled amicably by You and Us will be submitted to litigation in the Magistrate Courts even if the claim made by either You or Us exceeds the jurisdiction of such courts.